Friday, July 13, 2012

2 cruises left!!!!!!!

Dream 4 is here!!!!!!!!! The new cast is coming to take over...FINALLY!!! It is so exciting to have new faces onboard. We are slowly easing them into their crazy new lives and we are so happy to be passing the torch. It's nice to make some new friends, but sad we will be leaving them so shortly. I'm actually a little sad to leave this place...I was greeting Cinderella last night and was watching a little girl show Cindy all of her toys and I teared up thinking about how much I'm going to miss those moments. It's a nice break for us because Dream 4 is taking over a lot and we are basically just shadowing them and helping them out where they need it. Oh, and remember my first day on the ship when I got GI and was isolated for 24 hours? Well...that kind of happened again this crossover...I guess it's tradition. Although, I didn't actually have GI thank goodness!
Starting to say our goodbyes...The Disney characters miss their amazing, red-headed, Irish YA friend, Angela!!!!!!   


We moved out of our little cabins and into guest staterooms so the new cast could move into their new cabins!!!
Packed up all my stuff!!!
The living room full of our junk!!!!
See ya neva 4813!!!
Hello big comfy bed and magical porthole!


Guest say the darnest things...
I don’t really think about how crazy this job really is until a guest asks, “so how long before you do another cruise?” I then get to explain to that guest that for the last 5 months I have been on the Disney Dream, we do back to back 3,4, and 5 night cruises. The guests from one cruise get off the ship around 9am and the next cruise of guests start boarding at 11am; then we set sail at 5pm! They react very surprised at how often we cruise and then say, “so you don’t get any vacation between?” or “so you don’t switch between the other ships?” I explain to them that I have worked everyday for the last 5 months without a day off. Once a guest said to me “I wonder what the Entertainment people do with their time off, huh?” My reply...”we do this...we greet the characters...” Sometimes guests’ questions just remind me of how much I need and deserve a vacation.

But their questions also remind me of all of the parts of the job that I am very thankful for as well. Seeing the Disney characters everyday, meeting people from all over the world, visiting a new country that some people will never travel too, experiencing the Bahamian culture on a daily basis, swimming in the beautiful tropical waters of Castaway Cay. And those are the things I’m allowed to tell them about my job...I don’t even get to tell them that I get to hug hundreds of children every cruise. I get to imprint special memories on a child’s heart and I get to collect so many magical moments with guests that I will always remember. 

John Stamos came on a cruise and took and picture with the cast of Believe...and then tweeted it!!!
4th of July...
This is how I spent it...
Woke up at 6:30am for immigration check in Port Canaveral. Basically all that means is that you wake up at the crack of dawn to show an officer that you are an American citizen or have all of the proper papers if you are not. 
After immigration, our cast had planned to have a nice 4th of July breakfast at IHOP. Unfortunately, security wasn't going to let anyone off the ship until 8:30 and we didn't want to wait in line for another 30 minutes so we just went to the mess instead.  After a disappointing breakfast, I went back to my room and slept until noon. I decided not to get off the ship since I really didn't have anything important I needed to do in Port. I called my mom, saw my boyfriend for a little while before he had to work and then continued my day with Sailing Away and The Golden Mickeys for the rest of the evening. The whole day, I was really homesick and missing the festivities I would shave been participating in at home: the Marina Hills community carnival, a hot beach day with friends, fireworks, fun outfits...I didn't even get to wear red, white and blue the whole day. It really made me miss California :(
The characters put on a 4th of July show called Flag Waving American! Aren't they're costumes adorable!!!!! Chip was my personal favorite ;)

The end is near!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment