Saturday, October 13, 2012

Picking up the Pace...

Things are getting very busy up here in Toronto!!!! We have learned all of the character shows, re-doing one MainStage show and starting WAVS and FAVS (the welcome aboard and farewell MainStage shows)!!! We're waiting on the final cast list for the last mainstage show, Disney Dreams, but we had our costume fittings, so we pretty much know if we're in it or not!

I am dancing in all but 1 of the 5 MainStage shows!!!!!!! I am thrilled to have so many dance opportunities this contract! My costume fitting took 2 hours because I had to try on so many costumes! We have learned two of the dance numbers in WAVS already and they are so much fun to dance, but also very fast, precise and a lot more difficult than I anticipated! I always love learning new styles of dance. These numbers are very girly and rockette-ish!!!

A few days ago I interviewed for Character Line Captain. The Line Captain is basically a dance captain and needs to know all of the choreography and blocking for every character show!! It was announced today that I am the Line Captain for my character team! I am so excited and gracious that I was chosen!!!

One of my favorite things about Toronto is that there are so many theaters around the city. I am trying to take advantage of all of the live theater shows while we here. Last weekend a small group of us went and saw War Horse. We bought rush tickets just a few hours before the show so the 5 of us paid only $29 for front row seats!!! Amazing! I've seen the movie and loved it, but the stage show was breath-taking. The horse puppets were so realistic and truly embodied the mannerisms and movements of a real horse. It was a long show, but never once did it feel that way. The way the story transitioned and progressed was just perfect and I was completely engaged in the show the entire time. Every aspect of the show was BRILLIANT.
Afterwards, we found the stage door and met the lead and got a picture with him!

Another show that is playing up here is Cirque du soleil's Amaluna. Now let me just tell you...this was my first time seeing a Cirque show!!! I was blown away at the things these people could do. We didn't have the best seats, but the staging allowed every seat in the house to see the show regardless of positioning!!! I couldn't stop verbalizing my incredulous thoughts about each act and performer. And do you want to know the coolest thing about the show....all of the performers live in our building!!!!!!!!  So there were people that we recognized from seeing in the gym and the elevator...no big deal...

I feel so blessed to be surrounded not only by a cast of talented and beautiful cast members, but a whole city of performers!!!! I am falling even deeper in love with Toronto this time around!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment