Saturday, December 15, 2012

Settling In...


So let's talk about what has been happening in my life...
I'm on the ship!
We just finished opening all of our shows last cruise so we are officially the new cast of the Magic!!!!
Crossover was a little hectic. We lost two of our cast members and several people got isolated for the flu or for GI! We had to rearrange some tracks for understudies and our swing had to open all of the shows! A lot of crazy and stressful things happened throughout these past 3 weeks, but we stumbled through it and came out on top. I am so thankful for how professional and flexible our cast is! Even through emergency rehearsals, double dress runs, understudy put-ins, and surprise contingencies, everyone did their part, worked together as a team, and kept each other going.

I forgot about how many things you have to adapt to on the ship. It was frustrating to hear some of the things people were complaining about until I reminded myself they are still adjusting to a whole new lifestyle. Ship life teaches you to appreciate the simplest things! Internet, cell phone service, carbonated soda, sunlight, American currency...the list goes on!

I don't have much time to talk about much right now, but I promise I will post some magical stories soon! I'll leave you with this:
A group of us have started praying together backstage before every show at the 5 min call. It is amazing, and some of our other cast members join in for the positive energy. So thankful for the openness!!!


This is from Thanksgiving, but it's a beautiful picture and I miss my family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment