Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Live big. Create Magic. Inspire Greatness.

I am completely in love with my job. I have never worked so hard and had so much fun in my entire life. Each and every cast member is always giving 100% and absorbing as much information as possible. We support each other fully and there is never a competitive feeling between anyone because we are all rooting for one another. It is so awesome to already feel like a family after only one week of knowing each other.

There are 44 performers in my cast. I am the third youngest and the average age is around 24 or 25. Every performer is so talented and we all work really well together. Everyone in my cast is so diverse and it is an honor to be getting to know so many different types of people from all over the world. Each day I seem to learn something new about someone in the cast and it fascinates me.
But this job isn’t as easy as it sounds. There is a lot to take in and think about. There are hundreds of details you have to pay attention to. There is so much to prepare for, but I know that by the time we are on the ship we will be ready. Last week was focused solely on character work. It is was interesting and I’ll admit, WAY harder than I ever imagined it would be, yet also so much fun. Sometimes I forget that I’m actually getting paid for this! Our character cast became super close in just a matter of days. Each rehearsal ended on a positive and emotionally stimulating note and we began to form this close bond. 

Dream 3 Character Cast

This upcoming week we are finally starting to learn the choreography and blocking for the shows! We are being placed in different roles and I’m excited that not only do I get to do character work, I also get to learn Spanish web (aerial work), stage and weaponry combat, and most importantly...I get to dance!!! I am ecstatic to have these opportunities!!! I realize that I will be extremely busy with back to back shows on the ship, but it is all going to be worth it! I just love performing.
Toronto is beautiful. I have always wanted to live in a city and I’m finally getting a real taste of what it’s like. Our rehearsal studio is just across the street which is so convenient. The weather is still bearable and although the forecast has told us three times in the past week that it was supposed to snow, it still hasn’t happened. There is so much to do up here: movies, ballets, musicals, shopping, restaurants, and sights to see.

God really knows what He’s doing. It’s like He has a box full of puzzle pieces and each day he gives me a new piece of the puzzle. I am starting to see how everything is fitting together and I know that by the end of this contract the puzzle will be complete. Last night I held a little get-together for some girls and boys in my cast that I had learned were Christian. I planned the meeting about a week ago with just a handful of people and the word spread and several more cast members attended! The evening was so full of glory I couldn’t wipe the radiant smile off of my face. We share bits of our testimonies and I share some spoken word videos that had really inspired me over the summer. We all prayed together and felt this overwhelming sense of comfort and security in this new fellowship. I am so excited for this loving support system and I can’t wait to see how God is going to move through us and use us as beacons in our cast. God truly answered all of our prayers and I am so thankful that he put it on my heart to lead this group. I pray that I never lose sight of why God put me on this ship. 

This is how I feel right now. Ready and willing for anything.

2 comments:

  1. love love love love! I am so proud of you letting God use you not only in this job but in starting the prayer/small group. love you so much and i'm so excited to see you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go girl! God is so great and your totally letting all of that greatness in!

    I LOVE this music video!!!

    ReplyDelete